Important to know for Tarifa
Which airport to get to Tarifa
Tarifa has a general good connection.
There are different airports which are great to fly to.
- Malaga – 160km from Tarifa. Is the most frequent and biggest airport in the area. Very good and economic rental car options too and if you prefer the bus, also the connection is good.
- Gibraltar – 40km from Tarifa. Just a few airlines from UK are flying to Gibraltar but its very close to Tarifa which makes it a good arrival destination too. Rental cars are rare but the bus connection from La Linea to Tarifa is ok
- Jerez de la frontera – 110km from Tarifa. A quiet small airport were several low cost airlines are flying too. So if you dont like the hassle of big airports, that could be your choice. Rental cars are quiet ok and economic too and there is also a bus connection.
- Sevilla – 160km from Tarifa. Ok airport with some good connections from Europe. My recommendation, stay a day/night there, its a big andalusian city and you can get into your vacation flair already over there.
Important to know for Morocco Holidays
Best Arrival and departure Airports
If you have chosen one of our camps in Morocco or simply one of our all included packages, here are the best airports to fly to:
Recommended Arrival airports:
- If you are taking our Essaouira Camp or Roadtrip to Dakhla: Marrakech or Agadir (stopover in Casablanca could also be an option).
- Finally, for our kitesurf and surf camp in Dakhla: Dakhla
Recommended Departure Airports:
- If you have chosen our Essaouira Kite & Surf Camp: Marrakech or Agadir (stopover in Casablanca could also be an option).
- And for our roadtrip Essaouira-Dakhla and Kite & Surf Camp in Dakhla: Dakhla airport or bus drive to the airport of Agadir or Marrakech.
Do I need a wetsuit? Should I bring my own?
In all our camps we kitesurf and surf along the Atlantic Ocean and the water temperature never gets “nordic” ;).
Truth is that the main wind directions are North/North-East, and some days it can feel colder than usual. But never uncomfortable.
Therefore, we usually recommend to have 3/2mm and 4/3mm wetsuits for kitesurfing and surfing. You could however get in the water without one in some spots with the right condition, but most of the time, you would get cold in less than an hour.
In conclusion, you could indeed bring your own wetsuit but know that we also provide them. Our wetsuits are mostly from Hurley.
Contact us for more information and booking.
Do I need a Visa to go to morocco?
As a citizen of the European Union, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco. You can stay up to 3 months, just make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months.
Ask our team if you are not sure, we will be happy to to give you all the information about it.
What do I have to take care of before entering Morocco?
Your passport has to be valid more than 6 months and of course it should have free space for the stamps. At the airport you will be giving a document which you will need to fill out with relevant information as name, surname, passport number etc.
Most of the things are standard but you are obliged to enter the address where you will stay in Morocco.
Please find below the different addresses according to the trips we do:
Essaouira / Roadtrip: Dar Boujdaar/Sidi Kaouki
Dakhla: Just add the hotel name, which we will give you on your booking.