8 things you can do to boost your immune system!
We are sure that by now you are aware of the governmental recommendations on how to prevent the coronavirus from spreading such as:
- Washing your hands regularly
- Drying them adequately
- Keeping a couple of meters distance from other people
- If you feel sick yourself, stay home
If you have not already, check our Free your Mind statement on the coronavirus pandemic.
Here are some advice which will enhance your immune system.
As we know by now, the virus is more dangerous for elderly people and those with chronic diseases or low immune systems. So we invite you to share and practice these exercises with your relatives or friends of any age 🙂
- Stay calm… do not panic. Take each day several moments to take 10 deep and conscious breaths while you concentrate on your inhale and exhale.
- Meditate.. It will help you keep calm. We can see some panic around us and it is not easy to not let ourselves be affected by it. Stress will affect your immune system more than you might know, so try to do everyday 15mn meditations. A great and free app is for example Giant Mind.
- Drink fluids… drink the recommended quantity daily and make sure that you drink every 15-30 minutes small zips to keep your mouth hydrated.
- Eat.. more healthy than before.. Take daily ginger, lemon and turmeric to boost your immune system for example..
- Exercise… one of the best one for us in this situation is Yoga, even if it is just half an hour a day, your body and mind will thank you. You will feel how your mind calms down and your body keeps flexible. We are happy to announce that during this coronavirus crisis, we offer free online yoga lessons via skype. Just contact us here.
- Breathe… we live by our breath.. Without it, in several minutes we are gone. Nowadays, there are several techniques which are enhancing your immune system a lot, and one of these great techniques we find nowadays is the Wim Hof Breathing. You can do it safely at home (recommended are 3-5 rounds, laying down) Take a small introduction here and then take this 15 minutes daily and do the breathing exercise. Yeah, we know Wim is special… and it takes some time to get used to him, but we tried it ourselves many times and it just works incredibly! You will find way more videos on how to practice it online. And, we are planning a Wim Hof workshop at the end of June in Tarifa, feel free to join!
- Take cold showers… (if you are not sick of course!) It has been scientifically proven that cold showers will give a boost to your immune system. So, after your usual shower, move the water regulator to cold and stay there for another minute. Breathe deeply of course. You will feel great after!
- Disconnect from the media… If you are lucky enough to have a garden, get out and breathe and connect to mother earth. She and you need it more than ever! But you can do this from your terrace too, your bed or anywhere you would be 🙂
We spend our days listening to Coronavirus news, whether it’s the media, our friends or our families. And it is quite normal, but think also that it is affecting the global thoughts and vibrations too negatively. So avoid checking the news repeatedly. It won’t help manage the fear.
We hope these little tips will make this situation a bit easier for you.
Let us know if you have any questions, and any feedback would also greatly appreciated.
Wishing you all the best from your Free your Mind Team!