09 Apr 6 Benefits of the half moon pose during the moon cycle
The moon connection with our bodies and planet earth may go beyond of our understanding. In one way we can say that biologically it regulates the fluids in our bodies, in the animals and the earth. So what does that mean? …. Do I have more fluids or less fluids because of the moon? you may ask. Biologically speaking yes, but we are not experts here around that subject. What we do know is that something is different within ourselves and the changing cycle of the moon affects our everyday lives even if we don’t notice it consciously.
Now talking astrologically the moon is our emotions, our intuition and the light that shows the paths of shadows in our lives.
Not so long ago we had this huge and powerful full moon in Libra which means that it will bring this amazing energy of balance and collaboration. By having it so close to the earth the electromagnetic force is quite intense but also help to make the consciousness shifts a lot easier.
Today we want to share with you the half moon asana for you to practice on any occasion, it doesn’t even have to be during a yoga practice… Why? ohhhhh the benefits, the benefits are quite moving and helpful for our inner processes.
Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana
- Stronger Lower Body: It helps in developing and maintaining strong legs, glutes, quads, hamstrings and overall muscle strength and mobility.
- Alleviate Sciatica Pain: Ardha Chandrasana is therapeutic for the sciatica pain. The asana soothes the irritation and inflammation of the sciatic nerve and providing far-reaching results. Is a non-invasive method even when having a lot of pain.
- An Improved Sense of Balance: An improved balance is required to prevent falls, to stay mentally agile, and in harmony with the surroundings. The Ardha Chandrasana gives better coordination and sense of physical- mental balance in practitioners, also helps to orient ourselves in our daily lives and the universe.
- Tranquilize the Brain: This Asana helps achieve a calmed mind that will keep you positive, and inspired in life. A calm mind is vital for the overall health, to develop an optimistic outlook towards life or deal with any situation life would be giving you right now.
- Relieve Menstrual Problems: The half moon pose is a great way to relieve menstrual pain, as it is said that some asanas you shouldnt do while you are menstruating, with this one you WILL!
- Healthy Digestion: The digestion process is always somehow aggressive. Acids go to take over the food intake to extract all vitamins and proteins so the body can function properly. Asanas like this helps for people with a robust digestive system helping them assimilate and elements given to it.
For sure this Asana is most beneficial during new and full moon, try it out and tell us your experience during this times of the month.
Now you might be wondering from the photo how I can do this asana? Or how can I reach its highest potential. Here is:
How to do the Half Moon pose or Ardha Chandrasana
- Start the half moon pose with the Utthita Trikonasana (extended triangle).
- Put the left hand on the left hip and locate your left foot at about 7 inches forward along the floor
- At the same time, extend the right hand forward beyond the right foot and locate it on the floor.
- Exhale, and compress the right foot to the floor to straighten the right leg.
- At the same time, lift the left leg up paralleled to the floor.
- Bear the body weight on the standing leg.
- Hold this asana for 30-60 seconds and enjoy the subtle benefits of it.
We hope this pose was helpful to you, if you have any questions please let us know. Also if you want yoga classes or workshops we are here to support you on gaining yourself back in the mental, physical and emotional state you truly are within yourself.